The book or codex serving as Tombo for the village of Praia contains the register of documents dating from 1450 to 1666. The registration began in the fl. 7 in 1606, as contained in the fl. 128V and ended in 1670. The table of contents or index, starting fl. 3v, was only introduced later, probably following the commission given to Antonio Diniz de Araújo to sign the book, as stated by decree fl. 2 in 1800.